Facts About Circulatory System
- The left side of the heart contains oxygenated blood whereas
the right side has de-oxygenated blood.
- One drop of blood has about 5 million red blood cells and 12
thousand white blood cells.
- The heartbeats about 30 million times in 365 days.
- 10 million blood cells die in the human body every second, the
same quantity is produced at the same time.
- Blood circulates the entire body in 20 seconds.
- An average heart pumps about 450 gallons of blood everyday.
- One of the surprising circulatory system facts is that the
heartbeat is the sound of the valves opening and closing.
- An average adult's body has about 5 liters of blood in it and
a baby's body has about 1 liter of blood in it.
- A human heart is a muscle which is the size of a clenched fist.
- Blood cells die in every 4 months.
- The plasma in the blood is made in the liver.
- One of the amazing facts of circulatory system is that the
heart continues to beat even when it is taken out of the body!